Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#30049 - 06/05/2001 17:07 Re: Arrrghh, can't take it any longer.. [Re: bonzi]
Amarth
journeyman

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Exactly. Should've used that chance at #14229 when I was presented one.

Amarth

#30050 - 07/05/2001 01:06 Re: Arrrghh, can't take it any longer.. [Re: bonzi]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
Well, I don't quite understand why SB didn't simply leave old, perfectly working system in place

I doubt anybody understands this. To me this demonstrates why start-up companies *can* find their place among the well established conglomorates just by taking customers serious. Though I can imagine that stocks are deplenished (bad planning, SB to blame too, I think), I can't think of any reason why SB would restrict sales to US residents only: payment is by the same credit card and I'm sure DHL or FedEx, or whoever can deliver any SB shipment internationally as easy as in the US! And all the approvals/custom forms have already been put in place by Hugo et al.

Remember the section in the survey where we were invited to post comments on the empeg now being carried by SB? I warned them not to crush empeg by big company red tape. It seems they didn't take that comment seriously either.

Anybody from SB willing to comment? time, where are you?
Rob, hasn't the time come to help them out a bit and how them how they can be more effective by keeping things simple?

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6

#30051 - 07/05/2001 08:09 will pay more for empeg [Re: Henno]
Amarth
journeyman

I'm willing to pay 15% extra for a new empeg sent to me by Empeg/SB if I just can get one ordered and on its way this week..;--) Come on, I'm desperate. Break into SB, pick up one package and send them in a brown box or something..

#30052 - 09/05/2001 13:23 Re: An estimate.. Anyone, @Empeg? [Re: rob]
Amarth
journeyman

20% extra!!

;)

#30053 - 10/05/2001 05:01 Re: An estimate.. Anyone, @Empeg? [Re: Amarth]
Amarth
journeyman

25%!

#30054 - 10/05/2001 06:18 Re: An estimate.. Anyone, @Empeg? [Re: Amarth]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I think I'll just let you continue until my next car is financed.

Rob

#30055 - 10/05/2001 23:47 Re: Arrrghh, can't take it any longer.. [Re: Henno]
time
enthusiast

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Ok. I hear you. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I don't get much time to surf this site from work so it frequently happens later at night... Plus, I'm still trying to get the hang of the best way to manage reading the threads that go through this board. I must say the activity level here is great!
------------------------
Believe me, I'm screaming too. It is beyond embarrassment that we've taken so long to get things moving. We have finally launched our estore in the UK--except there are no Rio Car Players for sale there yet!! You'd already expected that didn't you?!? I believe the reason they are not available there is because presently all units are sent to our warehouse in California. Thus there are none in stock at our UK facility. Seems silly to ship them back and forth and back again and I know that has contributed to part of the delay on that side.

With regards to unit availability in the US: As part of our roll out to the retail channel, we're amid a repackage of the current stock to be fully Rio branded product. Why this is taking so long is beyond my ability to understand, but it is the case. I know it is partially due to incomplete products (some units were missing power supplies) and others were not labeled as we'd required, bla, bla, bla--it doesn't mater why except to say that we didn't execute very cleanly on this.

My hope is that the full line of players will be available from our estore by this weekend. Accessories to follow shortly.

Regarding the UK estore, I expect it may take a few more days (dare I say a week?!?) to get this squared away--but we will. Thanks for understanding and I do apologize for the inconvenience that we've caused.

Please feel free to email me directly and I'll see what we can work out... (hmm, Rob must be looking at a pretty cheap car...)

#30056 - 11/05/2001 04:05 Re: Arrrghh, can't take it any longer.. [Re: time]
Amarth
journeyman

Thanks for the great answer Time. Seems like you just saved me from ruining my financial situation since I was already opening my checkbook (in all this despair) to get ready to pay Rob whatever his car to-be is worth!! hehe.. Sorry Rob, guess you should have accepted an earlier offer heh. No really, at 25% extra I would've been already strained beyond limits.. I trust my credit card (the one that still has any life in it) would've screamed its last time for that...

Feel a bit less restless now .

Amarth

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2