Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#319277 - 13/02/2009 20:35 Gis a job mate
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
As I've been out of work for a little while I thought I'd mention this fact in case any of you happen to need an engineering manager or possibly a product manager/designer. I'd appreciate a nudge if so, as I might otherwise get way too comfortable with staying home and hacking on Linux all day.

Cheers

Rob

#319278 - 13/02/2009 20:42 Re: Gis a job mate [Re: rob]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: rob
.. might otherwise get way too comfortable with staying home and hacking on Linux all day.

It's not such a bad way to be idle.. smile

Best wishes, Rob.

#319279 - 13/02/2009 21:37 Re: Gis a job mate [Re: rob]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
Yes that comfortable feeling is all too familiar.

I have been out of work myself for almost 6 months, of my own making I should add. So far I think I have read every book on Photography know to man and manage to avoid all daytime TV apart from Bargain Hunt which I rather strangely enjoy.

Good luck with the job hunt. It's not an easy place to find work at the moment, or at least that's my experience so far. I went down to the job centre the other day for an appointment, apparently this is something I should have done 6 months ago. I like to think the sort of person who works there is the product of the postmaster at the local post office and the nosey receptionist at the doctors having an affair. I actually watched the woman I was waiting to see sorting elastic bands for 20 minutes before calling me over and acting like I was the one who was late. Very annoying.

Cheers

Cris.

#319283 - 14/02/2009 07:29 Re: Gis a job mate [Re: rob]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ouch! Sorry to hear! Guess that explains why the Numark forum never reopened.... frown

Do you have a CV you could send me privately? I am involved in a couple of not-quite-startups-anymore, and one of them just had to fire their senior product manager, and are thinking about a replacement - but I guess you would prefer something around Cambridge?