emp^H^H^HRio-Car in a TV Ad

Posted by: drakino

emp^H^H^HRio-Car in a TV Ad - 23/11/2001 23:25

I captured this from a CarToys commercial for their holiday sale. Nothing said about it, and as seen by the text, they were actually talking about the CD player sale.

Posted by: msaeger

Re: emp^H^H^HRio-Car in a TV Ad - 24/11/2001 00:39

oh my god REMOTE INCLUDED !
Posted by: tonyc

Re: emp^H^H^HRio-Car in a TV Ad - 24/11/2001 11:02

Yup. The only advertising the RioCar can get is the accidental kind. Way to go, SonicBlue.

Wonder where that ad was filmed, and how sturdily that RioCar is bolted into the wall...
Posted by: Taym

Re: emp^H^H^HRio-Car in a TV Ad - 24/11/2001 11:02

Oh... who is the target market for that supposed to be? Unbelievable... Like going to a Ferrari dealer and seeing a 550 Maranello with a sticker on it saying "tubeless tyres included" ....
Posted by: avatarTX

Re: emp^H^H^HRio-Car in a TV Ad - 26/11/2001 07:47

hehe.. two posts up it was mentioned .. I wonder just how secure that unit is mounted in its sled. I have a Car Toys in my neighborhood, they did not have a unit on display earlier this summer but then again they just started to carry them.

I suppose I could try walking in with my empty carrying case and walk out with a spare unit so maybe they need to reconsider the way this one is displayed.

But as far as having it on a TV commercial, that part is cool! And I too like the part about the free remote included!
Posted by: Roger

Re: emp^H^H^HRio-Car in a TV Ad - 26/11/2001 07:57

The Rio Car's got a laptop locking slot on the back. I wonder if they've fixed anything to it?